Cauliflower and Leek soup contains loads of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins which is integral for preventing cancer and other chronic diseases. The cauliflower contains Vitamin C, Vitamin K, B vitamins, folate, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and fibre. Therefore, some call it a super food! Leeks contain magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin K also. As you can see, this soup definitely packs a nutritious punch! It is so easy to cook up a big batch, and then serve out for you or your families lunch for the week. I love batch cooking!!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme, chopped
- 5-8 cups of home- made stock/broth. Or shop- bought organic
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Next add the onion, leek and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Then add the cauliflower florets and the thyme. Mix around a bit.
- Lastly, add the 5 cups of stock/broth. Stir. Get a quick recipe for home-made broth here.
- Bring to the boil and then turn it down to a simmer for 30-45 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Now use a stick immersion blender and blend up the soup in the pot until nice and smooth. If it is too thick for you, add more stock/broth until it reaches your desired consistency. I like it super thick!
Eat the delicious freshly cooked Cauliflower and Leek soup hot. Then wait for the rest of the soup to cool down and then serve it into serving size glass containers and put in the fridge for a few days, or the freezer for longer storage. This is great for kids lunches or work lunches heated up in the morning and placed in a thermos. Cook it in a big batch, and then have plenty of serves for the week. Or make a huge double batch like I do for my large family.
Nutritious and delicious!