Not only is it delicious, but it also contains high quality fats in the lamb itself, plus a great dose of garlic for your cardiovascular and immune system health. Numerous vitamins and minerals are hiding in the meat and the herbs. Try growing your own herbs and delight in the fresh superior flavours that results.
- 2 lamb racks
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2c oil – (grapeseed, sesame or avocado oils have high smoke points)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dry, or 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4-1/2 2tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven at 230C
- Next, put garlic, oil, parsley, rosemary, chilli flakes into food processor. Use the processor until mixture is finely chopped.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Rub each rack of lamb with the marinade. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes at room temperature. You can leave it longer for even better flavours. Marinating it overnight is best if you’re organised enough!
- Next, place the lamb in oven dish with the fat side pointing up. Put it in the top of the oven.
- Then cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the lamb racks over and cook for a further 5- 10 minutes, depending on how rare you want it.
- Now allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes. Using foil to cover the lamb racks as they rest is a waste of resources, bad for the environment, and unnecessary for flavour development.
- Lastly, cut the lamb racks into chops and serve with a huge helping of vegetables.
Enjoy this delicious, fast to cook recipe during weeknights. Serve with lots of cooked vegetables to have a meal with high nutritional value. Vegetables that pair well with lamb include broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, peas, asparagus, and carrots. Enjoy!