Cauliflower is rich is antioxidants and anti-cancer properties, vitamins and minerals, as well as glucosinolates. Cauliflower is such a delicious and important vegetable to eat on a regular basis to prevent many health illnesses later in life, such as cancer, cardiovascular disease and immune dysfunction.
This Chicken and Cauliflower Vegetable Curry has no inflammatory foods such as tomatoes either! Give it a try… you’ll love it.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3cm cube of fresh ginger root, chopped finely
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric/ 1cm cube fresh turmeric, chopped finely
- Pinch of sea salt
- 500g organic, free range chicken (you can use the bone in, or chopped breast)
- 1 small/ or half large cauliflower head
- 1kg chopped carrots
- 1 small broccoli head
- 1 Daikon radish
- Sea salt to taste
- 1x 400g can coconut cream
- Garnish with fresh coriander
- Melt butter in deep large saucepan. Add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves with the garlic and ginger. Saute for one minute.
- Next add chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Add 1/3 of the can of coconut cream and stir and heat through.
- Put in all the spice powders- paprika, coriander, turmeric and a little salt. Mix well.
- Next add the chicken. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add all of the vegetables and remaining coconut cream. Stir. Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked. (You may need to add a little water).
- If the curry is too runny, add an arrowroot slurry.
- For the Arrowroot Slurry: 2 tbsp arrowroot powder added to 4 tbsp COLD water. Mix to dissolve. Add to curry and stir it though to thicken it.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander.
TIPS: You can use any vegetables you like to replace the carrots, broccoli, cauli and daikon. I like using bokchoy, beans, snow peas, zucchini etc- depending on what is in season!
For a printable version: Chicken and cauliflower vegetable curry