Everyone loves pizza! Here is a delicious gluten-free pizza crust recipe which has been refined over the years. This recipe is a healthy alternative to white refined pizza crusts. People who only eat take away pizza, have commented that this pizza crust tastes just as good, and ‘you can’t even tell it’s gluten-free!’
Top the pizza crust with delicious roast vegetables, such as carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, beetroot etc. Next, top it with a cheese of your choice and other additions such as anchovies, olives, garlic, onions and YUMMO! Experiment with different herbs and spices for even more flavour, and nutrients!
Printable Pizza Crust- Gluten Free recipe
For an easy printable version of this PIZZA CRUST – Gluten Free.
Making the double quantity gives enough for one dinner for a family of 6, and left overs for lunch the next day.
THICK PIZZA CRUST
Makes one large pizza (feeds 5-6), or two large pizzas if a double batch cooked.
For double batch:
1 cup brown rice flour 2 cups
1 cup arrowroot flour 2 cups
1 ¼ tsp xanthum gum 2 tsp
½ tsp sea salt 1 tsp
3 tsp of dry yeast 5 tsp
½ cup lukewarm water 1 cup
½ tsp raw sugar (to feed the yeast) ½ tsp
4 ½ tsp butter 9 tsp
¼ cup hot water ½ cup- ¾ cup
2 egg whites, room temperature. 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease large pizza tray, or put cold pizza stone into cold oven.
- In a bowl of heavy-duty mixer, put flours, xanthum gum and salt. Gently stir together with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate small bowl, place sugar into lukewarm water, then sprinkle yeast on top.
- In a mug, put the butter into the hot water and stir to melt.
- Add hot water and butter mixture to dry ingredients. Blend on low speed.
- Next add egg whites and blend again.
- Lastly, add the yeast mixture, and blend on high speed for 4 minutes.
- You do not have to let this rise, however I like to whilst I prepare my pizza toppings. Letting it rise for 20 minutes results in a thicker crust.
- Spread mixture onto prepared trays or stone. Having wet fingers significantly helps to spread the mixture.
- Top the crust immediately with toppings of your choice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and edges are browned.
-Beetroot and feta: roast beetroot 1cm cubes with oil and thyme- 200C for 20 minutes. Put on base with crushed garlic and feta crumbled on top. Place rocket on top to serve.
-Carrot, garlic and anchovies.
-Roast pumpkin, roast carrot and feta.
-Load the pizza up with cooked vegetables, add feta or another cheese. Experiment with herbs and spices. Yum!
Carrot puree- roast carrot and onion, and then puree. Use as pizza base sauce instead of tomato paste.
Let us know how you go making this delicious gluten-free pizza crust.